QSO Today Community Forum

QSO Today Podcast and QSO Today Academy

They are not Innocent

• Thread starter QSO TODAY AMATEUR RADIO PODCAST - Blog
  • Start date
Q

QSO TODAY AMATEUR RADIO PODCAST - Blog

Visitor
The IDF is getting ready to enter Rafah, the southernmost Gaza city along the Egyptian border to finish off two Hamas terrorist battalions and to free our hostages, taken October 7th, who we hope and pray are in the tunnel network below Rafah. The world, the President, his State Department, the European allies, the UN, and the hostile antisemites invading American Ivy League campuses, say that the 1.5 million “Palestinians'' are innocent civilians camped on top of the Hamas infrastructure. They say that Israel is committing genocide; that we are the Nazis.

The Palestinian population of Gaza, and by extension, the Palestinian population of the West Bank, are not innocent. They are generations of Muslim jihadists, propagated by the West’s support of UNRWA and 70 years of “education”, committed to the annihilation of their Jewish neighbors, even at their own expense and the expense of their children. They say this in their own polling after October 7th, that they would do to the rest of us, the Jews, what Hamas did on October 7th. Hamas says, "from the river to the sea", a slogan used by the terrorists and their supporters across the world, that they don’t want a two state solution, but the destruction of Israel, between the Jordan River and the Mediterranean Sea. I believe them.
Last year, on the last Passover Holiday (Pesach), the Dee Family from Efrat, the beautiful town where I live, left for the North, in two cars. Rabbi Leo with his parents and 3 children in one, and his wife Lucy and two daughters, Maia and Rina, in the other. Along the way, Lucy’s car, who was following Leo, was run off the road by Palestinian Arab terrorists who got out and surrounded Lucy’s car, murdered Maia and Rina, and shot Lucy who died a week later. They were murdered by terrorists because they were Jews, on holiday, who happened to be in the wrong place, and the end of the line. Rabbi Leo Dee, his parents and 3 remaining children buried Maia and Rina in the Kfar Etzion cemetery surrounded by thousands of mourners. Lucy died of her wounds two days later and thousands attended her funeral as she was laid to rest next to Maya and Rina.

https://www.jewishpress.com/news/terrorism-news/rabbi-leo-dee-we-were-a-family-of-7-now-were-a-family-of-4/2023/04/10/

Efrat is a city of 15,000 souls. It is a small place where we all know each other, or will know each other. Less than six weeks after the murder of the Dees, Karen and I are guests at the table of friends for Shavuot lunch, sitting across the table from Rabbi Leo Dee, his parents and his son. Up to that moment, I did not know Leo and his family personally, but his wife and daughters were well known in our community and they touched almost everyone. The elephant in the room was this tragic loss and the words that can’t express the feelings that could overwhelm everyone sitting there. Leo Dee radiated a strength and energy at the table that he would turn this unspeakable murder and tragedy into good that helps people in the memory of his late wife and daughters. He started by donating Lucy's vital organs for transplant saving many lives. A year later he has triggered countless projects whose benefits are now being realized.

Picture

Maia Dee Rina Dee​
Picture

Lucy Dee​
We Israelis, we Jews, have become experts at converting the most difficult tragedies, the murder of innocents, into big projects and organizations for the benefit of people who suffer from trauma and loss. Because the violence against us is unrelenting with no apparent remedy. We put our heads down to work because evil rises in every generation and our work is never finished. As I said in an earlier post, this normal takes away our well deserved rage. That we tolerate this drip, drip, drip of murder is outrageous.

I was not a supporter of the Oslo Accords in 1993, that rescued the PLO, the Palestinian Liberation Organization, from exile in Tunis, and replanted it on the soil of Judea and Samaria as the Palestinian Authority. As a student of history, I knew the history of the Palestinian National Movement, founded Hajj Amin al-Husseini, the former Grand Mufti of Jerusalem, collaborator with Adolf Hitler, and the only Nazi to escape the Allied troops and receive a hero’s welcome in Egypt, after World War 2. I knew that Yassir Arafat, the founder of the PLO with the help of the Soviet KGB, an arch-terrorist, would not make for a reliable peace partner. Israel’s secular elite, led by Shimon Peres, behind the back of the Prime Minister, Yitzchak Shamir, made Oslo a fait accompli, and steam rolled it to the handshake on the White House lawn with President Clinton, Yassir Arafat, and Prime Minister Yizchak Rabin in 1993.

The peace process was started, the “two-state” solution on the lips of the ruling classes in the West, and once the PLO had taken their place in Ramallah, an Arab city not far from Jerusalem, that Israelis were stabbed, shot, and murdered by Hamas, “Al-Aqsa Squads”, and other organizations affiliated with the PLO. Aid and training by the United States in agreement with Israel, created a “police force” armed with American weapons to be used against Israelis as time went on. Later buses started to blow up in Jerusalem killing scores of Israelis, described by Shimon Peres as “sacrifices for peace”.

By the summer of 2000, Prime Minister Ehud Barak, Yassir Arafat, and President Clinton, met at Camp David to consummate the two-state solution that would have given almost all of the West Bank (Jordan’s name for Judea and Samaria) to the Palestinians with land swaps for making up the rest due to large Israeli “settlement blocks” that would remain in the State of Israel. Much to the surprise of both Barak and Clinton, Arafat refused the deal because two-states for two peoples was never the plan; the eradication of Israel was the plan. The second “intifada” was launched by Arafat calling for a million jihadist “shaheeds' ' to march on Jerusalem to murder Jews on streets, buses, cafes, and restaurants. Palestinians were posting pictures on social media of their kids in “bomb belts” similar to the ones used to blow up Jews on the streets of Israel.

We made “aliyah” or immigrated to Israel in July 2000. I was aware of the pending intifada against us even before coming to Israel. Anyone who followed the news in Judea and Samaria knew that the Arabs were preparing for war. Pharmacies across Judea and Samaria were being robbed of first aid supplies and antibiotics. Women in Green, an organization that defends the rights of Jews in Judea and Samaria, were posting daily of the preparations the enemy was making in advance.

It began almost officially in September of 2000, on Rosh Hashanah. In Efrat, our northernmost neighborhood, was shot at from El Hadar and Bethlehem, now under control of the Palestinian Authority. Karen and I were in the bank on October 12, 2000 , finishing our mortgage, when we witnessed on the lobby television the murder of two Israeli reservists who made a wrong turn and ended up in Ramallah. They were taken from their car and murdered in the police station. Their Palestinian murderers dipped their hands in their victims blood to show the television cameras from the second story window before tossing the bodies out the window to the street below, where the mob tore them to shreds. Just that previous May of 2000, on Israel Independence day, I had made the same wrong turn as those reservists and ended up in Ramallah. With thanks to G-d, I was able to leave unmolested.

Picture
I remember my wife’s birthday, March 19th, 2001, when Baruch Cohen from Efrat was murdered on his way to work at the Hebrew University. I remember when teenager Koby Mandell and his buddy Yosef Ishran ditched school to visit the caves that they knew so well, below their home of Tekoa, only to be murdered by Arabs, on May 8th, 2001. Sarah and Norman Blaustein moved to Efrat a month after us in August of 2000. Sarah and Esther Alvan (19) were shot by terrorists while Norman was driving to Jerusalem on May 29th. I see the oak tree where Sarah and Esther died out the window of my office as I write this article.

Picture

Baruch Cohen​
Picture
Sarah Blaustein

Picture

Esther Alvan​
Picture

Koby Mandell​
Picture

Yosef Ish Ran​
I landed in the intersection of King George and Jaffa road, in Jerusalem, only seconds after the Sbarro Restaurant was blown to smithereens, murdering 16, including 7 children, and wounding 130 others on August 9th, 2001, where I was to meet my oldest son. Fortunately, my son, never on time, missed the bus, and was not standing next to the Sbarro windows as they were blown into the street. The murder by the human bomb, Izz al-Din Shuheil al-Masri, was orchestrated by his handler, Ahlam Tmimi, who planned and accompanied al-Masra to the restaurant, escaped justice in the same prisoner swap that released Gaza Hamas Sinwar, and is now protected by the Jordanian government where she hosts a popular Jordanian talk-show.
Picture
I was against the withdrawal of Israeli security and the destruction of Israeli communities in Gaza in 2005 where Israel made 8000 Jews homeless and lost. These Jews never dreamed for a moment that their country would drag them from their houses and dump containers of their belongings in the desert. Those of us who were against the "Expulsion" were labeled right-wing extremists. Our warnings of pending disaster where dismissed. That over 20,000 rockets were shot at Jewish communities with the murder of Jews in mind before October 7th was glossed over especially since we now have Iron Dome with $50,000 interceptors to shoot down $400 sewer pipe rockets. Palestinians were given their two-state solution where they chose Hamas in 2007 to lead them and they created the most elaborate and expensive terrorist infrastructure in the history of warfare. They showed us what they could do with it on October 7th. They demonstrated how deserving and innocent they really are.

I could go on and on as the number of Israeli civilians who have been murdered by Palestinian Arabs with the blessing of the Palestinian Authority, Iran, Hamas, is in the thousands since the Oslo peace process began. The number of wounded and disabled with lives ruined is in the tens of thousands. Here is a comprehensive list of Israelis murdered by name and date.

When the US President and his Secretary of State, echoed by European heads of state, call for a two-state solution just after the worst massacre of Jews since the Holocaust on October 7th, he is rewarding the terrorists and their sponsors for their crimes. He is giving strength to their heinous and barbaric attack on us. He is enabling the almost simultaneous outbreak of antisemitism in the United States and Western capitals never before seen since Europe turned over its Jews to the Nazis.
I am reminded of the story in Genesis 18:16-33, where Avraham argues with G-d,(I paraphrase here) that if there are 50 righteous men in Sodom, “would you save Sodom from destruction?”. Avraham, the first Jew, was able to persuade G-d that for the sake of 10 righteous men, he would not destroy Sodom. When G-d finished speaking Avraham turned his back on Sodom, returned home, and G-d destroyed Sodom. There were not even 10 righteous men in Sodom.

There must be 10 righteous people of the 1.5 million “innocent” Palestinians who know were the tunnel entrances are located, where Sinwar, the Hamas leader, is keeping any remaining hostages that have not yet been murdered, starved, raped, and savaged. These 10 rightous men could end the war tomorrow and save their people from becoming additional civilian casualties. Ten rightous men could change the outcome, otherwise they are not innocent.

73, Eric Guth 4Z1UG

Picture

Continue reading...

Back